Initial experiences...

Feb 21, 2008 at 9:22 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2008 at 9:23 AM
Thanks Mike - I have successfully used this to generate my baseline build and deployment scripts. I just wanted to highlight a couple of issues that I encountered , that may arise for others too (although they are not problems with the tool itself):
  • This won't affect most people but, in the Custom Properties file, in the settings for the Biztalk Management Database, I needed to set the value of <BizTalkDatabaseServerName> to "127.0.0.1" instead of using ".". This is a known issue that can occur under XP/2000 when the a PC is not connected to a domain (eg. remote users). There is more about this problem here: http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2005/10/19/482782.aspx
  • I needed to change my solution configuration so that the BizTalk dll’s were being created correctly in the VS 2005 Configuration Manager, for the “debug” configuration, otherwise the bin/development folders would be empty, and deployment would fail. This only affected the debug build. Once the configuration manager was configured correctly, the build scripts worked.
  • From the documentation, I wasn’t sure whether to reference my test.dll's in the bin/debug, or the bin/release folders, and so I added both. But I understand that the tool uses the right one automatically, and this was unnecessary.
The scripts produced are concise, easy to understand/modify, and work well.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2008 at 6:45 PM
Hi Mike,

I have updated the documentation inline with the bottom 2 comments you made above